Friday, March 6, 2009

2250 (2250/102450)

250 swim (warmup)
6 x 75, 25 kick/25 swim/25 kick
4 x 200 free
50 free sprint (from dive, for time) - :38.0
3 x 150 free, descend
50 free sprint (from dive, relay)
200 easy (warmdown)

Total: 2250

So there's a huge age group swim meet at my pool this weekend, which condensed our practice into 50-55 minutes instead of 75 (the meet started at 7:00AM, so we had to be out of the pool around 6:40). Also, the pool configuration changed for the meet, so we were swimming lap lanes that were in the diving well (which are the racing lanes for the meet). Which was... Interesting. I actually got a little dizzy when I'd get to that part of the pool, because the depth would change and mess with my head when I was looking at the black line at the bottom.

Both the sprint and relay were fun. I didn't think I'd be able to pull off a decent sprint after a week out of the pool, but 38.0 is a personal best for me on a 50y free, so yay! I think Lori was :37 and change, so not too bad! Then the relay, they had the three of us from lane one (me, Lori, and Alex) go first in three lanes, and I beat Lori to the wall on my lap. My lane got second over all, even though we were leading handily after our second swimmer. Our third swimmer and the third from lane three were right on each other, but our anchor had some trouble with his turn at 25 and lost some ground there. It was nice to get to race against other people around my speed, because I didn't feel like such a supreme failure at the end of my swim.

Also, my coach was so cute this morning. I was planning to tell him I was going to be out of town (I missed Monday and Wednesday because I was in NYC) at practice last Friday, but he was gone (for a meet) and he asked me this morning where I'd been and said he'd missed me. Aww! <3

All in all, I didn't feel too horribly out of shape this morning. It was kinda nice to have a shorter workout than usual to get back into the groove, and this one was a lot of fun since we were messing around with our dive starts because we were in the diving well. Yay swimming!

P.S. Holy crap, it's March! When did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment