Thursday, June 4, 2009

3200 (6300/215150)

200 swim (warmup)
6 x 50 free
600, 150 free / 50 back
2 x 300 pull
50 fly
50 free
50 back
50 free
50 breast
50 free
6 x 50, odds kick, evens swim
6 x 100 free

Total: 2900 LCM (~3200 LCY)

Long Course Pool is Long

First day of long course meters. So far, I like it. At least for freestyle, anyway. Stroke at 50m per length is a little rough. My 50 fly was more like 35 fly, 15 free, heh. Still, it was fun to try it, and having ten or so people per lane wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Our lane was the slow-medium lane, and while I went second or third to last most of the morning, I only got lapped once (and that's because I got hung up a bit by the girl in front of me and ended up farther back than I'd started). The only issue was that we made the rather uninformed decision to start on the diving well end of the pool, all ten of us spent most of our between sets time clinging to the walls and the lane lines, where if we'd started on the other end, we could have just stood on the bottom.

All that said, it was harder than I expected it to be. Plus I had some lung and sinus issues, the former which might have been stamina related, or caused by the latter. The weather the last few days has been yo-yoing between rain and sun, so the barometric pressure changes have been wrecking havoc with the pressure in my head. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of those problems, and then during my pull sets today so much had built up that I felt like my brain was going to explode out the sides of my head.

I'm excited to do it again, though. Next week I have to miss Thursday and Friday practices, as well as the following Monday because I'm going to be in California to see the Santa Clara Grand Prix and hang out with my good friend Alix, woohoo! There are some tentitive plans to swim with her Master's group while I'm there, though, which I'm very excited about. Yay swimming!

Swimming is a Contact Sport

In other news, I managed to damage myself again, this time by smashing hands over the lane line with someone in the fast lane. It hurt pretty bad at the time, and I now have a pretty purple bruise that covers about half of my right index finger. When it comes out better, I think I'll have to snap a picture. Bruises from swimming. I am awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment