Monday, April 13, 2009

1200 (23150/148550)

Stroke Clinic

200 free (with fins - warmup)
200, 50 free / 50 back / 50 free / 50 back
200 free, flipturns
200 free, open turns, streamline off wall, dolphin kick
50 free with fins, flipturn and streamline/dolphin kick
50 free sprint
2 x 150 { 25 left arm / 25 swim / 25 right arm / 75 swim }

Total: 1200

Stroke clinic is always pretty mellow, which I appreciate after Masters in the morning. Today I spent a good ten minutes just standing at the wall practicing flipturns and I figured out that, indeed, most of my problem is due to breathing. Part of the time I did the turns with my nose clip on, and those were all beautiful and perfect. As soon as I took the clip off, I started having trouble. I think it's mostly that I blow too much air out my nose to keep from inhaling water on the turn, and then I don't have enough to stay under water after the pushoff. I think I'll be able to get better at it with time, especially when my breath control gets better. In the meantime, I'll just keep practing at not flailing all over the place when I'm turning, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment