Thursday, July 2, 2009

3000 (3000/252300)

So the Wednesday before this I rode my bike to work, then came home and proceeded to run for 45 minutes on my elliptical runner. At a fairly high setting. And then lifted weights.

I think I killed myself a little, because I not only managed to forget to reset my alarm to 5:00AM for Masters practice, I turned off my backup alarm. In my sleep. I guess my body wanted rest. :p

So I went over my lunch break and swam about 70 minutes, doing another distance test.

200 swim (flipturns, warmup)
200 drill (flipturns, warmup)
200 kick (IM order, warmup)
600 pull with paddles
1600 swim (34:06)
200 pull (warmdown)

Total: 3000 SCM (~3300 SCY)

Where I got slower. What the? I'm not sure how that happened, unless it was the aforementioned body killage from the night before. Ah well. I do really like doing the mile, so I think I'll keep trying that here and there when I swim on my own.

Sadly, it turns out that by missing the morning practice, I missed my last LC workout. Wah. :(

A side note: I can now bench press 50 pounds, which is probably not even remotely impressive, but back in high school I could BARELY press ten pounds. Yes really. I was a 125 pound dancer weakling that only had muscle in my legs. I think this goes to show what swimming has done for me. I do weigh ten pounds more than that seventeen year old dancer, but I can guarantee that those ten pounds and more is from muscle. And I really like that I can say that. I'm in the best shape of my life at the ripe young age of thirty. I might be a slower learner, but at least it's better late than never. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment