Saturday, July 11, 2009

3300 (18950/268250)

So my regular pool (EPIC) is closed this weekend, so I had to go over to the other muni pool to swim this morning. At first I didn't really mind swimming at Mulberry, but now that I'm swimming more in a set, I'd really prefer to go to EPIC. The lighting inside Mulberry isn't very good, for one, and there are only six lap lanes. There's a tiny diving well with one low diving board, then the a section of shallow pool that has this large piece of what is basically playground equipment in it. Because there are so many kids playing in there, the pool is filthy, and has WAY more chemicals in it, so the water is gross and cloudy.

But I did it anyway. Mulberry is in yards, so to swim a mile I had to do 1800. My time was about a minute slower than my last 1600 meters, but I'm going to attribute that to a) 1600 meters being about 1750 yards, so I swam an additional 50 yards today, and b) my turns are pretty bad, so more turns generally means more lag for me. Swimming that far is still boring, but I do have to say that it makes me happy that I can do that much distance. When I first started Masters last December, I could barely swim a 400 consecutively, and now I could probably do a 2k if I felt like it. Also, my BFF Cheryl bought me one of those H2O Audio setups for my birthday that just arrived today, so as soon as I get myself a new iPod shuffle, I can start listening to music during these workouts. I can't wait!

I enjoyed the IMs today, since I got to do them on my own pace, and focus on my form instead of trying to keep up with my teammates.

Okay, off to watch some US National Championship trials. Wee. :)

200 free (flipturns - warmup)
4 x 100, 50 drill / 50 kick, IM order
2 x 100 IM (second 1:56)
400 pull (with paddles, flipturns)
1800 free (35 flat)
150 kick, 50 back / 25 free / 25 breast / 25 back / 25 fly
100 IM
50 free

Total: 3300 SCY

1 comment:

  1. The H20 Audio Interval is a pretty cool little toy. I just got one like a month ago. I think the trick is picking the right size of ear bud (they give you like 5 sizes) to make it fit right in your ear. Let me know what you think once you try it out a bit, I don't know anyone else that has one.

    ReplyDelete