Friday, July 10, 2009

3100 (15650/264950)

OMG breathing fail today. I woke up feeling heavy in my chest and I knew I was in for some fun at the pool this morning. I had pretty much nothing going into this practice, and I have literally no idea how I managed to do all that fly without puking or passing out.

That said, on the second round of those broken 25s, Evan made a point to tell me that my butterfly technique is really good, I just need a little more kick. Which sounds about right to me. I was very pleased to receive the compliment, though. It definitely made me feel better about today's fail!swim.

So everyone but me and Lori were doing 100 IM fast followed by 100 IM easy. Evan was having us do just a 50 easy afterward, but at the end, Lori said, "let's do another one." Evan said of course SHE wanted to do another one, she wasn't swimming fly. ;) But I did it anyway.

I've mentioned this here before (probably a million times), but I LOVE butterfly. It's hard and I can't do much of it at a time, but it's my favorite stroke. So I really liked getting to do so much of it today, despite the pain and suffering. And wow, was there pain. When I'm having asthma problems, it usually starts with pain in my chest that just spreads out through my limbs. By the freestyle of all of those IMs, everything was burning, and my arms felt like they weighed 100 pounds each. Ugh.

I still love swimming. Even when it's killing me. Maybe even more when it does. ;)

400, free/back by 50 (warmup)
4 x 75, 50 drill / 25 swim (IM order) on 2:10
8 x 25 swim, IM order (supposed to be on :30, was more like :40)
250 free
100 IM fast
50 free easy
6 x 25 swim, IM order (minus free) on :40 - adjusted by Evan so I wouldn't die, heh
350 pull
100 IM fast
50 free easy
6 x 25 swim, IM order (minus free) on :40
350 pull
100 IM fast
100 IM smooth
200 kick (with fins - warmdown)

Total: 2850 SCM (~3100 SCY)

No comments:

Post a Comment