Monday, January 19, 2009

1000 (35450)

Stroke Clinic

100 free (warmup)
4 x 25 back kick/25 back
6 x 50 dolphin kick with fins/snorkel
2 x 25 dolphin kick/25 fly with fins
3 x 50 back with fins
6 x 25 back

Total: 1000

At the end I practiced more racing starts, this time just by diving into the well without any real push off. The landing was vastly improved this way, ha. No belly flopping for me. We're supposed to work on this more tomorrow, but I have a meeting at 1:30, so I need to make sure I'm out of the pool right on time.

My backstroke is feeling much better lately. I think I'm finally getting the arms right under the water, and I'm feeling more powerful than I ever have with this stroke. I was racing a girl who was freestyling and we were staying right up at the same speed, so I think that's definitely an improvement. I haven't timed a 50 lately, but I think I will tomorrow, just to see where that is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment