Monday, January 26, 2009

1000 (46400)

Stroke Clinic

100 free (warmup)
100 pull (warmup)
50 back
25 free / 25 back (the free was because I had to go get one of the guards to tighten the lane line, and the guard office is at the far end of the pool, heh)
2 x 50 back
50 breast
5 x 50 breaststroke kick
2 x 50 breast
2 x 25 fly / 25 backstroke kick
100 pull (warmdown)

Total: 1000

Chris took me and Ann to the diving well to practice diving again. I'm getting better at it, I think. Maybe. It's a bit of a slow process.

Other than that, the only thing I wanted to note here is that I learned the difference between frog kick and whip kick today. And that is the width of your straddle when you straighten your legs. A whip kick can not be more than the width of two fists between your knees apart. If that makes sense. Anything wider than that is a frog kick. Incidentally, frog kick is illegal in competitive breaststroke (resulting in a DQ).

I, of course, was doing a frog kick. Which is why I got to do all those laps of whip kick, to fix it. Chris said I was doing much better after all the laps with the board, so yay. I also think I've managed to fix my backstroke catch between this morning and this afternoon, which is another win. Let's just hope I remember all this by Wednesday, hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment