Friday, January 16, 2009

2600 (28700)

300 swim (warmup)
300 drill/swim by 50 (warmup)
2 x { 2 x 150 free on 2:50 / 4 x 75 IM (fly / back / breast) on 2:30 }
4 x { 50 drill/swim // 50 drill/build // 50 fast (each 50 on 1:05) }
200 pull (warmdown)

Total: 2600

Evan is in Kansas with some of the age group swimmers for their All Star meet, so we had Bill, the head coach of swimming for FAST, at practice today. I'm not sure if this was his workout or Evan's, but despite the lower yardage, it kicked my butt. Probably because of the 200 yards of fly in there, heh. I'm thankful that lane one only had to do two sets with the IM, because everyone else had to do three. I might have died. My last 25 fly was really sad.

Speaking of the fly, on my second 75 of the first set of IMs I was really dead, and Bill suggested I put on fins for the IM. I wasn't sure what to do about the 25 breast parts, and he said I could do fly kick with the breaststroke. And... It worked surprisingly well. The fins definitely helped my fly, though I've got about a trillion little sores on my feet now from being rubbed by the fins. Ah well. Also, there's no way in hell I made any of those intervals. Maybe on the 150 frees, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to tell. I did make the intervals on the 50s later, at least.

I considered doing a couple more hundreds warmdown, but I'm just really fried this week. I think the ~4000 yards on Wednesday is the likely culprit. I was supposed to have hockey practice last night, but I sat out in favor of resting my knee, considering it's still giving me a decent amount of pain when I bend it deeply. It's probably good I didn't go, not only because my body totally worn out, but when I lifted my foot onto the bench to put my shoe on after pratice this morning I about fell over sideways from the pressure and pain. I've also canceled the drop-in hockey session I was supposed to go to tonight, because I have a game on Sunday and I'd rather not hurt myself again before that.

I hate missing workouts/practices/hockey/etc. I feel like such a wuss not going tonight, and skipping last night, but it is the right decision. Swimming doesn't put stress on the joint, so at least I can still do that, but bleh. I might have to go swim Saturday or Sunday or something to make myself feel better about missing hockey. A nice short workout might be just what I need this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment