Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1600 (14500)

Stroke Clinic

5 x 50 free (with hand paddles)
1 x 100 back (paddles)
50 free (paddles)
50 back (paddles)
50 breast
500 pull
100 back kick
50 fly kick
100 breast kick
50 free kick
250 free
50 free

Total: 1600

So Chris (the instructor) had a doctors appointment that ran over and she didn't get to clinic until fifteen minutes before it was over, so most of this was just me and my own motivation. I'm not sure why, but I love pulling. I think it's because it takes my legs out of the equation, and I can pull enough oxygen that my arms don't really hurt.

Once Chris showed up, she had to check the other three people who came, so I practiced flip turns for a little bit. I still suck at them, oh well.

After that, Chris took me over to the diving well and started to show me how to do a racing start. She can't teach me off the blocks because of liability reasons (i.e. the pool is only 4.5 feet deep on the lap lanes, and I could easily break my damn neck if I did the dive wrong - only registered swimming coaches can teach starts off the blocks), so we're going to see what we can do just from the side of the pool into the diving well. So far I don't push right, but I didn't have much time to work on it and only got to try it three or four times. Hopefully she'll work more with me on that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment