Friday, January 23, 2009

2700 (42200)

200 swim (warmup)
100 kick (warmup)
100 drill (warmup)
4 x 50 free on 1:05
50 non (back) on 1:30
4 x 50 free on 1:00
50 non (back) on 1:20
2 x { 175 free on 3:30 / 125 free fast on 2:30 }
2 x { 150 free on 3:00 / 125 free fast on 2:30 }
10 x 50 dolphin kick with fins, evens with board, odds streamline on back on 1:10
25 free sprint (from dive)
25 free
100 pull (warmdown)

Total: 2700

Low yardage again today, but I don't care because I love swimming and I love my coach and I love my teammates and my lanemates and my new swimsuit and and and... Yes. Everything. I'm so, so in love with this sport.

About the only thing I don't love about it (besides having to share the locker room with the high school girls after practice) is getting up at 5:00AM. I had hockey practice last night, and that goes until 11:00, so it was 11:30 before I got home and it took an hour or so to wind myself down (plus I had to eat dinner part two), so I didn't get into bed until 12:30, and didn't fall asleep until after 1:00AM. Nng. I have a feeling I'm going to be really, really tired about three this afternoon.

So, today. I swam a 50 back in :59! Which is totally lame, but it made me happy as hell. My 50 frees are getting to be about :51 when I'm not sprinting, which I'm not sad about either. And then that 25 we had to do from a dive I got, like, :18 on or something. I really think I lose a lot as far as overall time on things because my turns are so awful. I do these lazy sort of open turns because I'm always tired, and I really should at least work on making them stronger, if not forcing myself to do more flip turns.

It was Reubin's fault that we ended up doing the dive start, but it was fun! I'm still terrified to go off the blocks (because Chris told me a story about a guy who broke his neck doing it, so now I'm freaked), but I went off the side of the pool and didn't do too badly. I was talking to Evan after practice and he said he could help teach me to go off the actual bulkhead, since Chris isn't allowed to do that. So yay! I can't wait!

Blah blah blah, in conculsion, swimming, ILU!

No comments:

Post a Comment