Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1250 (39500)

Stroke Clinic

2 x 100 free pull
2 x 100 back pull
5 x 50 free pull, breathe 5/7 by 25
3 x 50 free
25 fly / 25 drown (free)
4 x 100 free/back by 25

Total: 1250

I told Chris when I got to the pool (which was between five and ten minutes late) that my quads were dead. And she, being the charitable woman she is, told me go to ahead and pull a bunch of my workout at the beginning. Hence the four 100 pull sets at the top. I did the 200 free as my warmup, then did 200 back with Ann and Kimberlee as part of their warmup. Or something. I think we were all slacking today.

Pulling on my back, btw, still sucks. Every time I stroke with my right arm, my face goes underwater. I actually put my nose clip on so that I would stop inhaling pool water. I don't know if it's because I can't find my buoyancy point with the buoy yet (I tried about four different placements with nothing but extra fail) or issues with my stroke or what. Ick.

The next set was obviously breathing control, and Chris sent us on breathing every 3/5 per 25, but it was way too easy considering I was still pulling, so I did the second through fourth set as 5/7, and then did my last 50 breathing every 9 or so (which ends up being between 2-3 breaths per 25).

After that we did a drill where we were supposed to chase each other and attempt to touch each other's feet. If we got our foot touched, we'd have to start the 50 over. Except it turns out none of us were mean enough to force each other to do extra 50s, and, to be honest, I had a serious advantage over my lanemates here. I lead the first 50 and swam my ass off, then spent the next two 50s attempting to not run them over but staying close enough that it forced them to keep swimming fast.

Of course then Chris wandered off and we got bored, so they swam another 50 free and I attempted a 50 fly. But my thighs were still so sore than I only managed 25 fly and then about 1/3 of the second 25 before I switched to freestyle.

The last set was a warmdown type set, four 50s alternating between free and back by 25s. For some reason I didn't lead these ones, so I spent the whole time trying to give my lanemates enough lead time that I didn't run into them. I used these pauses to practice my front and back dolphin kick off the wall, though I wasn't feeling energetic enough to do flipturns at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment