Wednesday, January 14, 2009

950 (26100)

Stroke Clinic

100 free
100 pull
50 pull backstroke
50 breast
6 x 25 fly
2 x 25 3-3-3 fly drill
3 x 25 dolphin kick
3 x 25 dolphin kick (back)
100 pull
100 back kick

Total: 950

So this session became mostly self-motivated again, partially because there were a TON of newbies there today (including an Aussi - woo accent). I'm talking something like five new people who have never been there before. I warmed up with the 100 swim / 100 pull and, when Chris was still helping other people, I just kept going.

Chris interrupted my 25 fly sets to check my dolphin kick, but then when she crouched to help me she popped something really bad in her knee. It seemed to get progressively worse to the point where she was getting nauseous and lightheaded from the pain and I had to go get one of the guards to help her back to the office. She doesn't have any history of knee problems, so she has no idea what happened. I hope she didn't tear anything. :(

Needless to say she didn't finish the session, so I just went about messing around some more. I tried this 3-3-3 fly drill I saw on goswim.com and it was really hard. You're supposed to do three strokes one arm fly, then three strokes one arm on the other arm, then three strokes full fly, repeat. I am definitely not doing single arm fly right, probably due to breathing wrong. I think I'll have to try it again later and see if I can figure it out.

I definitely wasn't counting when I was doing all this, or I would have done another fifty to make it an even 1000. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment