Sunday, January 18, 2009

2450 (31150)

300 free
100 kick streamline
200 choice (100 breast, 100 back)
100 kick streamline
4 x 50 kick (with fins)
4 x 50 kick
8 x 50 free (evens drill, odds hesitation)
2 x 300 pull
100 IM
100 free
100 back
25 fly
25 free

Total: 2450

This is a bonus swim that I actually did yesterday afternoon.  This workout is a modification of one of the ones our coach gave us for the Christmas break.  I really like this one, because it's a technique set, so there's not a ton of distance and there's a lot of different things incorporated into it.  Mostly I cut it short, because I only had an hour-ish, and I skipped a set of sprinting (200 free, easy/fast by 50) because my arms were pretty tired.

I felt better after swimming yesterday.  My knee is still pissed off, but I have a hockey game tonight so we're going to have to see how it holds up under higher impact.  Right now I can't bend it all the way without pain and resistance, but I do wear a brace when I skate and I'll be wearing shin pads, so hopefully that will be enough protection.  I'm crossing my fingers, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment